1) Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Cream together the softened butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until fully combined and fluffy.
2) Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly before adding the next one. Add in the vanilla.
3) Sift in the flour, baking powder and spices, and fold into butter mixture. Add in the chocolate at this point if desired.
4) Scoop tablespoon amounts of the dough onto a greased baking tray, reasonable distances apart as the cookies may spread. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
5) Allow to cool on a wire rack, or eat when still warm! Drizzle with melted white chocolate for decoration. Serves well with a hot chocolate (see recipe here!)
Recipe Credit: Sorted Food
Image Credit: Striped Spatula