Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 30 mins
- sunflower oil
- onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed or finely grated
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g can passata or chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 100ml double cream
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt (optional)
- about 600g leftover roast turkey, cut into large chunks
- Rice or naan bread to serve
Heat the oil in a casserole dish or shallow pan over a medium heat, and fry the onions for 10-12 mins until golden. Stir in the garlic, ginger, chilli and all the spices, and cook for 2 mins more until the mixture resembles a paste. Stir in the tomato purée, passata or chopped tomatoes and mango chutney, and bring to a simmer. Cook for a further 10 mins.
Stir in most of the cream and the yogurt, if using, and return the mixture to a simmer. Add the turkey and continue to simmer until the turkey is piping hot. Remove from the heat, drizzle over the remaining cream and stir through briefly.
Serve with rice or naan bread.
Recipe Credit: BBC Good Food