- 2x nice size cod loin portions about 160g-200g each
- 50g butter
- 200g cavalo nero
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp chopped red chillies- de-seed if you want it milder or omit.
- 75ml olive oil
- 50g chopped chorizo
- 1 small tin chickpeas drained about 230g or 200g dried chick peas soaked overnight and cooked until soft.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
For the Cavolo Nero, Chickpeas and Chorizo:
1) Pick the Cavolo nero of the stalks. Boil a pot of water and have a bowl of cold water with some ice in on the side. Blanch the cavolo nero for 3 min, then take out and put into the ice water. Lift out onto a kitchen cloth or paper towel and pat dry.
2) Heat a frying pan add the olive oil and Chorizo and fry for 2 min. Add the garlic, lemon zest and chilli. Fry until the garlic starts turning golden – do not cook too much or it will turn bitter. Add the chickpeas and fry for 1 min, put in the cavolo nero and keep cooking for a few more min before adding the parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper and add some more olive oil if needed.
For the Cod:
1) Season the Fish with sea salt and black pepper.
2) Melt the butter in frying pan and cook the cod for 3min on each side. Then put in a hot oven 180C for 10/15min. Baste with the butter halfway through.
Divide the Cavolo Nero, chickpeas and chorizo between two plates and put the cod on top.