1 Aubergine cut into 4 wedges
Miso - 4 tsp
Soy sauce - 2 tsp
Sesame oil - 6 tsp
Roast garlic - 2 cloves ( add one bulb of garlic on a tray in the oven at 180 degrees and cook for 30 mins until soft )
- Add all the ingredients into a mix bowl and stir to combine a smooth paste.
- Cut the aubergine into 4 wedges.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan, add a splash of olive oil and caramelise both sides of the aubergine until golden.
- Rub the flesh with the miso paste & cook in the oven at 180 degrees for around 40 minutes until soft & tender.
Lentil & broad bean mix
Water - 1 litre
Lentils - 200g
Onion - 1 halve
Garlic - 2 cloves whole
Broad beans - 1 large handful
Spring onions - 2 finely sliced
Coriander - small handful chopped
Miso marinade - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - half
Salt to taste
- In a medium sized pan add the all of part 1 listed above & cook on a medium heat.
- Once the lentils are tender & cooked drain the liquid & discard the onions, garlic.
- Bring a small pan to the boil & add the broad beans for 30 seconds then plunge into ice water, once cold peel the skin.
- In a pan add all of part 2 and gently heat and check for seasoning.
- Bring a pan of shallow water up to a boil with a pinch of salt.
- Add in the broccolini and cook for 1-2 minutes until tender but with a little crunch.
- Drain the water & dress with a pinch of salt and olive oil.
Acidulated carrot salad
Baby carrots - 1 bunch
White shallot - 2 in number
Lemon - 1 / juice & zest
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Chopped coriander - 1 tbsp
Peel the skin from the carrots.
Then using the peeler, peel thin long strands of the carrot until it’s peeled all the way down.
Add the peeling into ice water.
Drain the water & add the carrot strands to a paper towel to dry.
Cut thin circle rings of shallot.
Add to a mixing bowl with the lemon, olive oil, chopped coriander & salt.