Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups fresh ricotta (order true Italian ricotta here!)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest plus 1 1/2 tsp. juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 8 slices sourdough bread (order here!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the ricotta, cream, 2 tsp. salt, the lemon zest and juice, sugar, and 1/4 tsp. pepper until the ricotta is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
2. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Brush both sides of the bread with oil. Working in batches, toast the bread in the skillet until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Cut the toasts in half. Spread with the whipped ricotta, drizzle with the honey, and top with the walnuts.
Recipe Credit: Rachael Ray Mag