- 50g white Russian kale
- 50g Scottish chanterelles
- 15g butter
- 50ml olive oil
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 duck egg
- 1 slice of sourdough bread
1) Pick the kale off the stalks. Boil a small pot of water and have a bowl of cold water with some ice in on the side. Blanch the kale for 2 min then take out and put into the ice water. Lift out onto a kitchen cloth or paper towel and pat dry.
2) Heat a frying pan and add ½ the olive oil and garlic. Fry the garlic for 30 seconds, then add the chanterelles and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 min, add the butter and the kale, then keep cooking for another 2/3min.
3) Fry the duck egg in the rest of the olive oil and toast the bread.
Put the fried egg on the toast and place the kale and chanterelle mix on top around the yolk. Season with some more sea salt and black pepper.