- 50g curly kale -tough stems removed
- 50g cavolo nero – tough stems removed
- Small pinch sea salt
- 3 cloves-15g garlic
- 20g lemon juice
- ½ lemon zest
- 200ml olive oil
- 35g fine grated Berkswell cheese- sub with parmesan or pecorino -optional
- 50g toasted pine nuts – sub with other nuts such as hazel nuts or cobnuts if you like
1) Massage the kale and cavolo nero with the salt and lemon juice and let sit for 2 min.
2) Put kale and cavolo nero, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a blender. Start blending, adding the olive oil slowly, saving 50ml.
3) Add the nuts and blend until required smoothness, adding the rest of the oil.
4) Stir in the grated cheese.
Serve with pasta, on toast with roast tomatoes, or in soups etc...